Monday, February 20, 2012

Aku Dia dan Solat

In Japan..

Me : Kawahara San, I need to perform my solat. Can we stop ?

Kawahara San : Sure. We' ll help you find a place to pray.

True, she helped me find a place to pray. In the nursing room, that is.

While i was taking my ablution, Mayumi came in ( she insisted i called her Mayumi, without "San" ), which shows that she wants us to be friend, thus omitting the formality of expressing "San".

"I'm impress...", she said..

"Huh??"

"I'm impress because i've never seen people do this..."
( with her limited vocabulary )

" Owh, no no...i am just taking my ablution, to cleanse before i perform my prayer..", i said, understanding what she was saying....

And i realize her eyes still on me, looking at me putting back my hijjab before i go out of the toilet to the prayer room ( nursing room ).

Deep down, i felt so "malu" to myself, to God, to the prophet SAW....

If only i have more knowledge, i would have explain to her what i do, and maybe it is an eye opener to her...towards what Islam is...

After the prayer, i realized, Mayumi had block the door to the nursing room and put the "no entry " sign for me.....Subhanallah...

Ya Allah, ampuni aku atas kejahilan aku....Tambahkan ilmu bagi aku...amin

Lesson learned...

1. A busy life makes Solat harder, but Solat makes a busy life easier

2. Don't worry & Don't be embarrassed...when practicing your DEEN makes people call you weird or strange or uncool! :)
Because the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said,
"Islam started as something strange, and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange. so good tidings for the strangers." [Muslim :: Book 1 : Hadith 270]

No comments: